User's consent and term of useBy using the website and associated services available through http://mlsp2018.conwiz.dk, the user agrees to and accepts the policies and content of this document as well as the Code of Ethics and Policies.
Collection and storage of informationThe website collects and store all the information that is entered when interacting with the on-line services such as text in web forms and uploaded files. Information will be stored as long as needed to carry out specific services mentioned below.
Personal identifiable information is not collected without the user's explicit consent.
The website only uses third party cookies to assist the following web services:
- Google Maps services. Cookies are used for usage analysis, see GDPR ready policies (as of May 25, 2018) and Google's general privacy.
- The provision of social media (SoMe) share link services through Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter. The user will or has accepted terms-of-use for these SoMe services through individual sign-up or subscriptions.
Use of informationThe collected information will be used
- to personalize the experience and helps us to better respond to individual needs;
- to improve the website, services, and tools;
- to conduct the provided services;
- to conduct statistics;
- to contact individuals directly in relation to services offered;
- to contact individuals in relation to future events organized by the Machine Learning for Signal Processing Technical Committee under the IEEE Signal Processing Society.
Protection of informationA variety of security measures is implemented to maintain the confidentiality and protection of personal, organization, and interaction information. This includes backup in order to restore information in case of technical or physical accidents.
Disclosure of informationInformation will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or provided to any third party for any reason whatsoever, without explicit consent beyond the description in the section Disclosure of Information to Third Parties below.
- Provided information is accessible by members of the organization team to carry out services as described above.
- The Program committee members and special session organizers have access to submitted papers and anonymized review results for review purposes and further consent to code of ethics and policies. They consent to that all information about review process is kept strictly confidential. This includes, but is not limited to: the evaluation process and paper content. Furthermore, the program committee member consent to that their name and affiliations will be published in program committee lists.
- Anonymized information is shared with the technical committee of the main workshop organization Machine Learning for Signal Processing Technical Committee under the IEEE Signal Processing Society with the purpose of planning future workshops.
- Information maybe be released to authorities if requested to comply with the law. In such rare cases, all individuals will be informed.
The deployed third party services:
- Accepted papers including name and affiliation of authors are published by IEEE Explorer Digital Library under IEEE copyright agreement, which is consented to when submitting final version of accepted paper. IEEE is a data owner.
- The Internet Service Provider servage.net act as data processor and is hosting the website and we obey to their terms of service. No information is disclosed.
- Google Analytics is used to log information about users' use of this website as regards HTTP request of the user and bowser/system information. Information is stored anonymously and Google for that contracted as data processor under GDPR ready policies (as of May 25, 2018) and EU User Consent Policy. See also Google Analytics opt-out options.
- Google Maps services collects usage analysis, see Cookies are used for usage analysis, see GDPR ready policies (as of May 25, 2018) and Google's general privacy. Data is only used in aggregate.
- When using the provided Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter social media share link services, the user consent to terms-of-use of these providers through individual sign-up or subscriptions. The SoMe services are data owners.
- Link to MLSP mailing list server subscription is provided. This service has separate term-of-use which is agreed to when subscribing: The user consent to that the MLSP technical committee of the IEEE Signal Processing Society will be able to contact the user by email about activities related to their business. The user's email will not be shared with third parties or used in any other context, nor will the user be able to send emails to the list.
Unsubscription is possible at any time by sending a blank email (no subject or content) to MLSPemail@example.com from the email account that is going to be unsubscribed.
- Conference Manager is used in connection with hotel booking under a data processor agreement. Please see hotel registration page for detailed Personal Data Policy in that regard.
User's rightsThe user have the right to gaining access to, correcting and/or removing all personal and organization information stores in databases. If the desired actions cannot be performed through the online services, the Data Protection Officer should be contacted via Jan Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited LiabilityThe use of all direct and indirect services through the web site is at user's sole risk. There is no provision or warranty that the services will not be interrupted or is free of functional errors. Further, there is no warranty as to the results that are obtained from the use of the services as regards but not limited to accuracy, reliability or content.
Under no circumstances - including negligence - shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use services; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to force majeure, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to records, programs or services.